No Heating? No Hot Water?
If there is no heating or hot water in the house there are things you can check before calling a Gas Safe registered heating engineer.
- Check the boiler power is on.
- Make sure that the programmer reads the correct time of day.
- Make sure the room thermostat is switched on and calling for heat.
- Check that there is enough credit on the electric meter.
- Check that there is enough credit on the gas meter.
- Make sure that the Gas meter is turned on.
If these are not the reasons and there is still no hot water or heating, check the boiler pressure on pressurised systems. The pressure on the pressure gauge should be around 1 bar when the system is cold. If the pressure is less than 0.5 bars, the boiler may not work. If the pressure is low we do not recommend topping it up without checking the expansion vessel and this can ONLY be done by a qualified engineer. If this does not resolve the problem and you still have no hot water or heating please call us or send us an enquiry using the form at the bottom of the page.