Carbon monoxide poisoning or fire!

Usually boilers are safe and Carbon Monoxide free if installed and looked after by competent Gas Safe Registered engineer. But what if boiler is installed by someone who has a little knowledge and no competence? You can be at risk of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning or even Fire!

This is where the trouble is looking for YOU! So that’s why it’s important to check heating engineer’s ID before letting him to open the boiler case.

In this situation non condensing boiler was fitted with condensing type flue. Non condensing boiler flue is made from metal only and there are no parts to melt. The condensing boiler flue internal parts are made from plastic and fitted with non condensing boiler might catch the fire in the boiler or leak of Carbon Monoxide.

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning

A headache is the most common symptom of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Other common symptoms include:

  • dizziness and nausea (feeling sick)
  • vomiting (being sick)
  • tiredness and confusion
  • stomach pain
  • shortness of breath and difficulty breathing

  • Find more information about carbon monoxide poisoning in NHS.

    Posted in Gas safety on Jul 05, 2013.